Once you have completed the quick easy steps to create a Corporate Account, you will automatically receive an email with a checklist of documents that we will require to move forward to verify your business account.
Please, complete your identity verification as the Authorized Representative for the Account, prior to sending us your business documentation by navigating to the Identity Verification Tab on the Account.
After this process is completed, you will need to send the below-mentioned documents to us via email either by replying to the email you received when you created your Corporate Account or by sending them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: The documents you provide should not be larger than 5MB per image and need to be in one of the following formats: .JPEG / .PNG / .PDF.
Please see below the list of documents you would need to send. The documents required will depend on the designation of your business.
Corporate Checklist - If LLC, LP, or LLP
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum & Articles of Association
- Corporate Resolution to open account addressed to OspreyFX
- Shareholder register
- Certificate of Good Standing
- Corporate Address Verification
Director and shareholder information: all shareholders with 25% or more equity must be shown.
- Director/s Address Verification
- Director/s proof Identification
- UBO/s Address Verification
- UBO/s Proof of Identification
Depending on the type of your company and/or the jurisdiction where you are located, we may ask for further documents that are required to proceed as shown below. Furthermore, depending on the documents that you submit, we may ask for additional documentation for clarification.
- Register of Members (if Member Managed LLC)
- Register of Managers (if Manager Managed LLC)
- Register of Shareholders
- Register of Directors
- Appointment of First Directors
- Additional Document Confirming Authority (A letter from the business stating that the account holder has the authority to use/trade funds belonging to the Company.)
In cases where the customer is the sole owner (100% and only owner), this is not required.
If you have not yet created your Corporate Account please click the below links to help:
How to Open a Corporate Account