3D secure is a security protocol that helps to prevent fraud in online credit and debit card transactions.
If you are depositing by card, the payment gateway may ask you for your 3D Secure code.
So what is it?
3D Secure stands for 3 Domain Server, there are 3 parties that are involved in the 3D Secure process :
- The company the purchase is being made from.
- The Acquiring Bank (the bank of the company).
- VISA and MasterCard (the card issuers themselves).
The scheme is a collective of Verified by VISA (VBV) and MasterCard Secure Code (MSC). It is the most recent fraud prevention initiative that is available at the moment.
When using a 3D secure card you may be:
- brought to a screen to enter your Master Card Secure Code or Your Verified by VISA Code.
- Some banks will text you to ensure this is a transaction you are making.
Once you complete this 3D secure process you can use the card without any issues.
Contact your bank for any questions about whether your card is 3D Secured and to learn more.